United States and Israeli military machines make ready for new air-strikes on Iran’s military as fragile five week ceasefire crumbles and Tehran prepares to retaliate to new attacks
The fragile Iran war ceasefire is in danger of crumbling as both the US and Israel prepare to launch new strikes in Tehran’s military, it is feared. It follows US President Donald Trump ’s warning ‘the clock is ticking’ on Iran as peace negotiations appear to have reached a major blockage.
Preparations for fresh attacks throughout the Middle East are believed to have been underway for over a week as the US military makes ready for a new war. Sources have told the Daily Mirror a large number of military Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker refuelling and transport craft landed in Israel some time last week. These could be used to transport military hardware into the region and as refuelling planes for warplanes attacking Iran.
READ MORE: Putin’s revenge as children injured in huge overnight strikes in UkraineREAD MORE: Russia and Iran using ‘disposable’ spooks to attack Europe including UK
But Iran remains capable of conducting attacks across the region for some time, it is believed. According to analysis seen by the Mirror, that much of Iran’s defensive and offensive capability still exists – far more than previously thought.
And Iran’s intelligence chiefs may already be launching ‘asymmetrical’ warfare, below the threshold for overt attacks, using covert military attacks. One assessment says: “The implication is that Iran remains capable of conducting calibrated missile operations, maritime disruption activities, drone campaigns and proxy-enabled attacks despite previous claims that its military posture had been decisively neutralised.
“The retention of mobile launchers and missile stockpiles further strengthens Tehran’s ability to rapidly regenerate operational tempo should escalation resume.” And it adds: “Iran’s strategic doctrine continues to favour asymmetric pressure rather than immediate conventional confrontation.
“Regional reporting concerning alleged Revolutionary Guard infiltration attempts against Kuwaiti territory reinforces the assessment that Tehran remains willing to employ covert operations to exert pressure whilst preserving plausible deniability.”
The stalling of the talks is believed to be over Iran’s refusal to separate its proxy Lebanese Hezbollah from any peace settlement – and its inflexibility over nuclear ambitions. Over the weekend US President Donald Trump said in a message about Iran: “They better get moving, fast, or there won’t be anything left of them.
“Time is of the essence.” Iran state media says Tehran’s demands include an immediate end to the war on all fronts including Israeli attacks against Iran-supported Hezbollah in Lebanon.
It also wants a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports, and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran in exchange for the re-opening of Hormuz. Iranian demands also reportedly included a demand for compensation for war damage and an emphasis on Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz.
Tehran says talks are ongoing via Pakistan and that a lack of US compromise would lead to an “impasse in the negotiations.” American demands include the re-opening of the Strait of Hormuz and that Iran would only keep one nuclear site in operation, whilst releasing its highly-enriched uranium to the US.
The president had warned last week that the ceasefire was on “massive life support” after rejecting Tehran’s demands, labelling them “totally unacceptable.” Esmail Baghaei, an Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson, had hit back saying Tehran’s demands were “responsible” and “generous.”
It is believed that in the latest exchange US President Trump may have accepted he would green-light a 20 year suspension by Iran of its nuclear programme. This appears to be a climb-down from his original position that there must be a total end to Iran’s nuclear programme.
The war began on February 28 with major air-strikes in a joint operation between the US and Israel against Iranian regime figures and military installations. Iran hit back with attacks on Israel and also via its Hezbollah proxy forces in Lebanon against its neighbour prompting huge air strikes across Lebanon.
But Iran has also continued to control the Strait of Hormuz, through which around 20% of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas travels. It has made oil prices soar globally and the US has enforced its own blockade of Iranian ports to try and make Tehran accept its terms.

