
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu discussed the possibility of resuming the war against Iran during a meeting of the security cabinet on Monday evening, according to Hebrew media reports.
The privately owned newspaper Israel Hayom said Netanyahu held another meeting of the mini-security cabinet on Monday evening, with discussions focusing on the possibility of a new round of fighting with Iran.
The newspaper said it was the second cabinet meeting held by Netanyahu within the past 24 hours.
On Sunday evening, Netanyahu reportedly held a cabinet meeting following a phone call with US President Donald Trump to coordinate the “next step on Iran”, according to the Hebrew newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.
Israel Hayom quoted a source familiar with US movements as saying that “a new American attack on Iran is not a question of if, but when”.
According to the source, the planned attack would differ from previous ones and target sites that Trump had so far avoided striking.
The newspaper also quoted unnamed Israeli security sources as saying that preparations and measures had been taken in anticipation of a possible new round of fighting with Iran.
